Veritas NetBackup™ Vault™ Administrator's Guide
- About Vault
- About the Vault process
- Installing Vault
- About installing and configuring Vault on UNIX and Linux systems
- About installing and configuring Vault on Microsoft Windows systems
- Best Practices
- About preferred vaulting strategies
- About how to ensure that data is vaulted
- About not Vaulting more than necessary
- About preparing for efficient recovery
- About avoiding resource contention during duplication
- About two processes trying to use the same drive
- About load balancing
- About how to avoid sending duplicates over the network
- About increasing duplication throughput
- About organizing reports
- Configuring NetBackup for Vault
- About off-site volume pools
- About creating catalog backup schedules for Vault
- About setting master server properties for Vault
- Configuring Vault
- About Vault configuration
- About configuring Vault Management Properties
- General tab (Vault Management Properties)
- Alternate Media Server Names tab (Vault Management Properties)
- Retention Mappings tab (Vault Management Properties)
- Reports tab (Vault Management Properties)
- About creating a vault
- About creating profiles
- Configuring a profile
- Duplication tab
- Catalog backup tab (Profile dialog box)
- Eject tab (Profile dialog box)
- Reports tab (Profile dialog box)
- Vaulting and managing media
- About Vault sessions
- About monitoring a Vault session
- About the list of images to be vaulted
- About ejecting media
- About injecting media
- About using containers
- About vaulting media in containers
- About managing containers and media
- About vaulting additional volumes
- About using notify scripts
- Creating originals or copies concurrently
- About the continue or fail for concurrent copies
- About creating duplicate images concurrently
- About generating reports
- About consolidating reports
- Vault report types
- Reports for media going off site
- Reports for media coming on-site
- Inventory reports
- Administering Vault
- About administering access to Vault
- About NetBackup Vault session files
- Using the menu user interface
- Debug logs
- Appendix A. Recovering from disasters
- About disaster recovery
- Appendix B. Vault file and directory structure
Configuring a profile
After you create a profile, the New Profile: profile name dialog box appears.
The New Profile dialog box includes the following five tabs:
Table: New Profile dialog box options
Choose backups tab
Enables you to specify the criteria for selecting backup images.
Enables you to configure duplication of the selected backup images.
Catalog backup tab
Enables you to choose which catalog backup policy and schedule to use for creating a Vault catalog backup. For efficient disaster recovery, vault a new catalog backup each time you vault data.
Enables you to choose in which off-site volume pools Vault should look for the media you want to eject.
Enables you to choose which reports to generate.
A profile must select images (Choose Backups). The other steps are optional so you can separate the tasks into separate jobs if you want, using different jobs to accomplish different tasks. For example, you can use one profile to select and duplicate images daily, and another profile to eject media and generate reports weekly.
To configure a profile
- If the Profile dialog box does not appear, select a profile in the NetBackup Administration Console window and select the Change icon in the toolbar.
- Select the tab for each step that you are configuring and complete the fields.
- Click OK.