Veritas NetBackup™ Vault™ Administrator's Guide
- About Vault
- About the Vault process
- Installing Vault
- About installing and configuring Vault on UNIX and Linux systems
- About installing and configuring Vault on Microsoft Windows systems
- Best Practices
- About preferred vaulting strategies
- About how to ensure that data is vaulted
- About not Vaulting more than necessary
- About preparing for efficient recovery
- About avoiding resource contention during duplication
- About two processes trying to use the same drive
- About load balancing
- About how to avoid sending duplicates over the network
- About increasing duplication throughput
- About organizing reports
- Configuring NetBackup for Vault
- About off-site volume pools
- About creating catalog backup schedules for Vault
- About setting master server properties for Vault
- Configuring Vault
- About Vault configuration
- About configuring Vault Management Properties
- General tab (Vault Management Properties)
- Alternate Media Server Names tab (Vault Management Properties)
- Retention Mappings tab (Vault Management Properties)
- Reports tab (Vault Management Properties)
- About creating a vault
- About creating profiles
- Configuring a profile
- Duplication tab
- Catalog backup tab (Profile dialog box)
- Eject tab (Profile dialog box)
- Reports tab (Profile dialog box)
- Vaulting and managing media
- About Vault sessions
- About monitoring a Vault session
- About the list of images to be vaulted
- About ejecting media
- About injecting media
- About using containers
- About vaulting media in containers
- About managing containers and media
- About vaulting additional volumes
- About using notify scripts
- Creating originals or copies concurrently
- About the continue or fail for concurrent copies
- About creating duplicate images concurrently
- About generating reports
- About consolidating reports
- Vault report types
- Reports for media going off site
- Reports for media coming on-site
- Inventory reports
- Administering Vault
- About administering access to Vault
- About NetBackup Vault session files
- Using the menu user interface
- Debug logs
- Appendix A. Recovering from disasters
- About disaster recovery
- Appendix B. Vault file and directory structure
Creating a Vault catalog backup schedule in an existing policy
You can create a schedule in an existing catalog backup policy or create a new catalog backup policy and schedule. You can create more than one Vault Catalog Backup schedule per policy, and your NetBackup environment may have more than one NBU-Catalog policy.
You must specify the storage unit and, if the storage unit uses removable media, a volume pool for the Vault catalog backup.
If creating one copy of the catalog, you must do the following:
Override the policy's storage unit and select a storage unit.
Override the policy's volume pool and select the dedicated Vault catalog volume pool (for removable media only).
If making multiple copies, select the storage unit and the dedicated Vault catalog volume pool (removable media only).
You do not have to specify a volume pool for disk storage units.
Prerequisites are as follows:
Create an NBU-Catalog type of backup policy.
See the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
To create a Vault catalog backup schedule in an existing policy
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management > Policies.
- From the middle-pane, double-click the policy name.
- Select the Schedules tab.
- Click New.
- See the following topics for the options you can configure.