Veritas NetBackup™ Vault™ Administrator's Guide
- About Vault
- About the Vault process
- Installing Vault
- About installing and configuring Vault on UNIX and Linux systems
- About installing and configuring Vault on Microsoft Windows systems
- Best Practices
- About preferred vaulting strategies
- About how to ensure that data is vaulted
- About not Vaulting more than necessary
- About preparing for efficient recovery
- About avoiding resource contention during duplication
- About two processes trying to use the same drive
- About load balancing
- About how to avoid sending duplicates over the network
- About increasing duplication throughput
- About organizing reports
- Configuring NetBackup for Vault
- About off-site volume pools
- About creating catalog backup schedules for Vault
- About setting master server properties for Vault
- Configuring Vault
- About Vault configuration
- About configuring Vault Management Properties
- General tab (Vault Management Properties)
- Alternate Media Server Names tab (Vault Management Properties)
- Retention Mappings tab (Vault Management Properties)
- Reports tab (Vault Management Properties)
- About creating a vault
- About creating profiles
- Configuring a profile
- Duplication tab
- Catalog backup tab (Profile dialog box)
- Eject tab (Profile dialog box)
- Reports tab (Profile dialog box)
- Vaulting and managing media
- About Vault sessions
- About monitoring a Vault session
- About the list of images to be vaulted
- About ejecting media
- About injecting media
- About using containers
- About vaulting media in containers
- About managing containers and media
- About vaulting additional volumes
- About using notify scripts
- Creating originals or copies concurrently
- About the continue or fail for concurrent copies
- About creating duplicate images concurrently
- About generating reports
- About consolidating reports
- Vault report types
- Reports for media going off site
- Reports for media coming on-site
- Inventory reports
- Administering Vault
- About administering access to Vault
- About NetBackup Vault session files
- Using the menu user interface
- Debug logs
- Appendix A. Recovering from disasters
- About disaster recovery
- Appendix B. Vault file and directory structure
Reports tab configuration options
The following are the Reports tab configuration options.
Table: Reports tab configuration options
Defer generating the reports until after the session has completed (for example, if you run Vault sessions daily and eject media weekly). Deferred is the default.
Reports marked with an asterisk (*) are generated only when all media that is selected by the profile are ejected.
Generate the reports immediately as part of the current vault session. Reports that are marked with an asterisk (*) are generated only when all media that is selected by the profile are ejected.
If you selected Iron Mountain as your Vault vendor (in the New Vault dialog box), Iron Mountain FTP file and Destination folder items appear.
To generate a file that you can send by FTP to Iron Mountain, select Iron Mountain FTP file and enter the name or browse to choose the Destination folder to which the file is written.
Sending the file to Iron Mountain is not part of the vault process.
If you want certain text to appear at the top of every report, enter it in the Report Header box. The header appears on all reports.
Select to use the report settings configured in the Vault Management Properties Reports tab.