Veritas NetBackup™ Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Troubleshooting NetBackup problems
- Troubleshooting vnetd proxy connections
- Troubleshooting security certificate revocation
- Verifying host name and service entries in NetBackup
- Frozen media troubleshooting considerations
- Troubleshooting problems with the NetBackup web services
- Resolving PBX problems
- Troubleshooting problems with validation of the remote host
- Troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
- Using NetBackup utilities
- About the NetBackup support utility (nbsu)
- About the NetBackup consistency check utility (NBCC)
- About the robotic test utilities
- Disaster recovery
- About disk recovery procedures for UNIX and Linux
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for UNIX and Linux
- About disk recovery procedures for Windows
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for Windows
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog
- About NetBackup catalog recovery and OpsCenter
- About recovering the entire NetBackup catalog
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog image files
- About recovering the NetBackup relational database
Replacing a failed node on a Windows VCS cluster
Cluster technology-specific information is available about how to bring the NetBackup resource group online and offline. Also, it is available on how to freeze and unfreeze (disable and enable the monitoring for) the resource group.
Refer to topics about configuring NetBackup in the NetBackup High Availability Guide:
Check the following conditions before you proceed with this procedure:
The hardware, system software, and cluster environment on the replacement node have been configured.
The reconfigured node or replacement node has been made a member of the cluster and has the same name as the failed node.
The following procedure applies when the shared disk and at least one configured cluster node remain available.
To replace a failed node on a Windows cluster using VCS
- Freeze the NetBackup service.
- Ensure that the NetBackup shared disks are not mounted on the node on which NetBackup is to be installed.
- Reinstall NetBackup on the new node or replacement node. Be sure to use the NetBackup Virtual Name as the name of the NetBackup server. Follow the instructions for installing the NetBackup server software.
Refer to the NetBackup Installation Guide:
For the NetBackup Web Services, you must use the same user account and credentials that are used on the other nodes of the cluster. More information is available:
- Ensure that the node is a member of an existing cluster and that it performs the necessary configuration automatically.
- Install any Maintenance Packs and patches that are required to bring the newly installed node to the same patch level as the other cluster nodes.
- Unfreeze the NetBackup service and verify that it can be brought up on the replacement node.