Veritas NetBackup™ Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Troubleshooting NetBackup problems
- Troubleshooting vnetd proxy connections
- Troubleshooting security certificate revocation
- Verifying host name and service entries in NetBackup
- Frozen media troubleshooting considerations
- Troubleshooting problems with the NetBackup web services
- Resolving PBX problems
- Troubleshooting problems with validation of the remote host
- Troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
- Using NetBackup utilities
- About the NetBackup support utility (nbsu)
- About the NetBackup consistency check utility (NBCC)
- About the robotic test utilities
- Disaster recovery
- About disk recovery procedures for UNIX and Linux
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for UNIX and Linux
- About disk recovery procedures for Windows
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for Windows
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog
- About NetBackup catalog recovery and OpsCenter
- About recovering the entire NetBackup catalog
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog image files
- About recovering the NetBackup relational database
About network troubleshooting utilities
A set of utility programs (commands) verifies various aspects of the network configuration inside and outside NetBackup to ensure that there is no misconfiguration. The utilities also provide user-friendly messages for any errors they find.
Network configuration broadly falls into the following categories:
Hardware, operating system, and NetBackup level settings.
Examples include correct DNS lookups, firewall port openings, and network routes and connections. The NetBackup Domain Network Analyzer (nbdna) verifies this configuration.
A set of utilities that verifies the NetBackup level settings.
The utilities include bptestbpcd and bptestnetconn; the settings they verify include connection methods and CORBA endpoint selection.
Table: Network troubleshooting utilities
Tries to establish a connection from a NetBackup server to the bpcd daemon on another NetBackup system. If successful, it reports information about the sockets that are established.
A complete description of bptestbpcd is in the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide.
Performs several tasks that aid in the analysis of DNS and connectivity problems with any specified list of hosts. This list includes the server list in the NetBackup configuration. To help troubleshoot connectivity problems between the services that use CORBA communications, bptestnetconn can perform and report on CORBA connections to named services.
A complete description of bptestnetconn is in the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide.
nbdna (NetBackup Domain Network Analyzer)
Evaluates the host names in the NetBackup domain. The nbdna utility self-discovers the NetBackup domain and evaluates host name information, then tests connectivity to these host names and validates their network relationship status.
Network connectivity evaluation in a NetBackup domain is difficult. NetBackup domains can scale to hundreds of servers, and thousands of clients across complex network topologies.
A complete description of nbdna is in the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide.