Veritas NetBackup™ Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Troubleshooting NetBackup problems
- Troubleshooting vnetd proxy connections
- Troubleshooting security certificate revocation
- Verifying host name and service entries in NetBackup
- Frozen media troubleshooting considerations
- Troubleshooting problems with the NetBackup web services
- Resolving PBX problems
- Troubleshooting problems with validation of the remote host
- Troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
- Using NetBackup utilities
- About the NetBackup support utility (nbsu)
- About the NetBackup consistency check utility (NBCC)
- About the robotic test utilities
- Disaster recovery
- About disk recovery procedures for UNIX and Linux
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for UNIX and Linux
- About disk recovery procedures for Windows
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for Windows
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog
- About NetBackup catalog recovery and OpsCenter
- About recovering the entire NetBackup catalog
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog image files
- About recovering the NetBackup relational database
About NetBackup troubleshooting utilities
Several utilities are available to help diagnose NetBackup problems. The analysis utilities for NetBackup debug logs and the NetBackup support utility (nbsu) are especially useful in troubleshooting.
Table: Troubleshooting utilities
Analysis utilities for NetBackup debug logs
They enhance NetBackup's existing debug capabilities by providing a consolidated view of a job debug log.
It simplifies the gathering of evidence for support cases.
For more information, see the following:
Network troubleshooting utilities
They verify various aspects of the network configuration inside and outside NetBackup to ensure that there is no misconfiguration.
NetBackup support utility (nbsu)
It queries the host and gathers appropriate diagnostic information about NetBackup and the operating system.
NetBackup consistency check utility (NBCC)
It analyzes the integrity of portions of the NetBackup configuration and catalog and database information as they pertain to tape media.
NetBackup consistency check repair (NBCCR) utility
It processes database-catalog repair actions and automates the application of approved suggested repair actions.
See About the NetBackup consistency check repair (NBCCR) utility.
It simplifies the gathering of logs to deliver to Veritas technical support.
Robotic test utilities
They communicate directly with robotic peripherals.