Veritas NetBackup™ Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Troubleshooting NetBackup problems
- Troubleshooting vnetd proxy connections
- Troubleshooting security certificate revocation
- Verifying host name and service entries in NetBackup
- Frozen media troubleshooting considerations
- Troubleshooting problems with the NetBackup web services
- Resolving PBX problems
- Troubleshooting problems with validation of the remote host
- Troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
- Using NetBackup utilities
- About the NetBackup support utility (nbsu)
- About the NetBackup consistency check utility (NBCC)
- About the robotic test utilities
- Disaster recovery
- About disk recovery procedures for UNIX and Linux
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for UNIX and Linux
- About disk recovery procedures for Windows
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for Windows
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog
- About NetBackup catalog recovery and OpsCenter
- About recovering the entire NetBackup catalog
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog image files
- About recovering the NetBackup relational database
Where to begin to troubleshoot vnetd proxy connections
NetBackup status code 61 and status codes in the 76xx range relate to vnetd proxy communication.
If a NetBackup job fails because of vnetd proxy connection problems, examine the job details for the status codes of interest. Then, refer to the NetBackup documentation for the explanations of status codes. Take note of any connection IDs in the following format; they are helpful for additional troubleshooting:
If the failure is not during a NetBackup job, examine the exit status of the operation for the status codes of interest. Also examine the debug logs for the processes that are involved in the operation. Look first at the command that initiated the operation or the service that performed the request.
You can find the status codes described in the following:
The NetBackup Administration Console help.
The Troubleshooter in the NetBackup Administration Console.
The NetBackup OpsCenter help.
If a job did not run, verify that the vnetd process and its proxies are active.