Enterprise Vault™ Auditing
- About this guide
- Introducing Enterprise Vault auditing
- Setting up auditing
- Viewing the audit database entries
- Viewing the audit database entries using Audit Viewer
- Viewing the audit database entries using SQL queries
- Auditing for data protection compliance
- Appendix A. Format of audit database entries
Each computer on which you enable auditing has a limited number of connections that it can make to the audit database. These connections are reused as needed. Auditing uses a pool of connections to the audit database. You can make Enterprise Vault audit record the level of usage of these connections and then, if necessary, you can modify the number of connections as required.
To tune auditing
- In the Administration Console, expand the tree in the left pane until the Enterprise Vault Servers container is visible.
- Expand the Enterprise Vault Servers container.
- Right-click the computer for which you want to enable or disable connection information logging, and click Properties on the context menu.
- Click the Auditing tab.
- Click Advanced.
- Select or clear Log database information to turn logging on or off.
- If necessary, modify the number of connections for each Enterprise Vault service.
- Click OK.
- Restart the Enterprise Vault Admin service on the computer.