Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites and things to consider before using Nutanix for AHV
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Configuring secure communication between the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor server and NetBackup host
- Managing SSL certificates through ECA framework
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line for Hypervisor policy
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Appendix B. Protect Nutanix AHV virtual machines with BigData policy
About the Hypervisor policy type to protect Nutanix AHV VMs
Starting with NetBackup 8.2, you can use thepolicy to protect the Nutanix AHV VMs.
Thepolicy type lets you protect hyper converged systems and hypervisors like Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) or Red Hat Virtualization (RHV).
The Hypervisor policy leverages several existing NetBackup features to protect the hypervisor and the virtualization workloads. For example, incremental backups and accelerator for Hypervisor using the hypervisor change block tracking capabilities.
For information about accelerator-enabled backups, refer to the NetBackup™ Administrator's Guide.
Starting from NetBackup 8.3, incremental backups for Nutanix AHV are supported with change block tracking capabilities.
Apolicy differs from other policies in the following respects:
The entries that are provided to add clients and to define backup selections, differ based on the application that you choose to back up.
During backup selection, you must specify certain parameters and their appropriate values.
To backup other hypervisors that run on a Nutanix Acropolis cluster, configure or use a relevant backup policy for that hypervisor. For example, to backup VMware ESX or a Hyper-V on a Nutanix Acropolis cluster, use or configure a VMware policy or a Hyper-V, respectively.