Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites and things to consider before using Nutanix for AHV
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Configuring secure communication between the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor server and NetBackup host
- Managing SSL certificates through ECA framework
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line for Hypervisor policy
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Appendix B. Protect Nutanix AHV virtual machines with BigData policy
NetBackup character restrictions for virtual machine names
When you configure a policy to back up the virtual machines of a Acropolis cluster, add those virtual machines as NetBackup clients. To add a virtual machine to the backup policy, you must provide the display name of the virtual machine.
You can obtain the name of the virtual machine from the VM Name column on the Prism web console.
The name of the virtual machine is case-sensitive. Certain characters are not allowed in the virtual machine name. If the particular VM name contains wrong or invalid characters, then the backup of that particular VM may fail.
For NetBackup, the following characters are allowed in the virtual machine names:
Uppercase and lowercase ASCII characters
Display name cannot end with a period.
Display name cannot start with a hyphen.
Plus sign (+)
Percent sign (%)
When you specify display name, replace the % character with %25.
Left and right parentheses ()
No need to replace space with %20 in the command line, but the Admin Console does not accept space for VM name. Replace space with %20.
If the VM name itself contains %20. Replace %20 with %2520.
The following characters are not supported for virtual machine names:
Chinese characters and other multi-byte characters are not supported in display name.
Any other characters that are not mentioned in the supported list.