Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery Wizard (in the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client)
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Uninstalling the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
You can unregister and uninstall the NetBackup vSphere Web Client plug-in.
To unregister and uninstall the plug-in, the vCenter credentials require theprivileges.
To unregister and uninstall the NetBackup plug-in
- On the NetBackup master server, run the vwcp_manage command:
UNIX, Linux: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/vwcp_manage
- On the End User License Agreement screen, click Accept.
- On the VMware vCenter Server Details dialog, select the vCenter from the pull-down list and enter the vCenter credentials. Click Validate.
- On the Unregister dialog, click Unregister and confirm it.
- On the Finish dialog, click Close.
- On the vCenter server, stop the vSphere Web Client service:
To use the command line, the name of the service is vsphere-client.
To use the vSphere Web Client interface, the name of the service is VMware vSphere Web Client.
For assistance with the command line or vSphere Web Client, see the VMware article "How to stop, start, or restart vCenter Server 6.x services (2109881)":
Remove references to the plug-in, as follows:
On a vCenter appliance, remove the directories or files that the following find command returns:
# find / | grep - i netbackup
On a Windows vCenter, remove from the following folders and their subfolders the files and folders that contain netbackup in their names:
For a VMware Platform Services Controller (PSC) environment with multiple vCenters, you only need to uninstall the plug-in on the particular vCenter where the plug-in was installed. However, you should remove references to the plug-in from all of the vCenters that are managed by the PSC.
- On the vCenter server, start the vSphere Web Client service.