Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery Wizard (in the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client)
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Updates to this guide for NetBackup 8.1
This revision contains the following changes:
Added a note on searching for the VM names that contain non-ASCII characters.
The plug-in installation process has been streamlined for ease of deployment.
Added a topic on how to uninstall the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client.
Added new options to the manageClientCerts command to provide additional flexibility for communication between the NetBackup master server and the vCenter server.
The new Virtual Disk Exclusion Wizard provides a method to add a Custom Attribute to a virtual machine or virtual machines. NetBackup then can exclude the virtual disks that are identified in that Attribute from backups.
Added a reference to the NetBackup for VMware Administrator's Guide regarding character restrictions in VM names in relation to the policy's Primary VM identifier field.
Made minor changes to reflect the discontinuation of support for the older NetBackup Plug-in for VMware vCenter.