Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery Wizard (in the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client)
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
The vCenter server and NetBackup master server names are not available for search
On the Virtual Machine Selection screen, during the vCenter and the NetBackup master server selection, the drop-down list may not display any items.
Make sure that the following are configured:
The NetBackup vSphere Web Client plug-in is registered with the vCenter server.
The NetBackup authentication token for the client (vCenter) was generated and imported in the vSphere plug-in.
For NetBackup 8.1 and later: The authentication token must be generated with the correct DNS name of the vCenter where the plug-in is installed (or a correct token alias was added).
The NetBackup Web Services are enabled in the NetBackup master server.
Web services are automatically enabled when the NetBackup master server (8.0 or later) is installed. See the following tech note for the web server tasks that are required before installation of the master server:
The following services are up in the NetBackup master server:
NetBackup Service Layer
NetBackup Web Management Console
The vCenter server is registered with the NetBackup master server.