Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery Wizard (in the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client)
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Mismatch in vCenter server name (uppercase vs. lowercase letters) causes the VMware connectivity test to fail
This topic applies to the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client.
The Pre-Recovery Check screen of the NetBackup Recovery Wizards runs a number of checks on the vSphere environment that you selected for the restore. The "VMware connectivity test" fails if the case of the vCenter name in NetBackup credentials differs from the case of the vCenter name in vSphere. For example: the name that was entered for NetBackup credentials is uppercase, but the name in vSphere is lowercase.
When the "VMware connectivity test" fails because of a vCenter name mismatch regarding its case, the failure can be ignored. Clickand the VM recovery should succeed.
To prevent the "VMware connectivity test" from failing, delete the NetBackup credential for the vCenter and re-enter the credential with the correct case. For instructions on how to add credentials, see "Adding NetBackup credentials for VMware" in the NetBackup for VMware Administrator's Guide. Alternatively, you can edit the name of the vCenter server in vSphere Web Client to match with the credentials entered in the NetBackup master server.