Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery Wizard (in the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client)
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Using consistent vCenter naming with the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
The name of the vCenter server must be identical in the following locations:
In the vCenter server installation.
In the NetBackup credentials.
In the NetBackup plug-in installation.
To set consistent vCenter naming
- If the fully qualified name of the vCenter server was not used during installation of the vCenter, do the following in vSphere Web Client:
Click vCenter Inventory Lists > Resources > vCenter Servers and select the vCenter server that you want to update.
Click Manage > Settings > Advanced Settings.
Set the VirtualCenter.VimApiUrl key to the following:
https://fully qualified domain name of vCenter machine/sdk
If the vCenter server name is not entered correctly, the plug-in may not be able to access one or more of the virtual machine images. Renaming the vCenter server is currently not supported for vCenter version 6.0 or 6.5.