Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites, notes, and restrictions
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Managing SSL certificates
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and restore
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
Managing SSL certificates on NetBackup Appliance
To manage SSL certificates on appliance, you must have read-write access to the
nb_nutanix-ahv.conf file. The
nb_nutanix-ahv.conf file is present in the
To gain read-write access to the
nb_nutanix-ahv.conf, complete the following:
Become a NetBackup CLI user to be able to edit the file
nb_nutanix-ahv.conf. Later, copy the
nb_nutanix-ahv.confback to the
/usr/openv/netbackup/directory on the appliance.
Copy SSL certificate to an appropriate location on the appliance
To access and copy the
nb_nutanix-ahv.conf file on the appliance
- Locate the
- Log on to the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu.
- Run the relevant Manage > NetBackupCLI commands to become a NetBackup CLI user. Copy the
nb_nutanix-ahv.confconfiguration file to the
/home/nbusersdirectory. Ensure that the read-write permissions for the file are at chmod 644.
- Edit the
nb_nutanix-ahv.conffile to make the required changes.
nb_nutanix-ahv.conffile is in a
JSONfile format, ensure that you preserve the JSON integrity.
- To copy the
/usr/openv/netbackup/, run the following command:
For example: cp-nbu-config nb_nutanix-ahv.conf /usr/openv/netbackup/
If the file is present at the destination, it is overwritten without a warning.
- Verify that the file exits in the destination folder.
Use the NetBackup nbcldutil command to copy SSL certificate to an appropriate location on the appliance. Ensure that the SSL certificate is valid.
To copy the SSL certificate to an appropriate location on the appliance
- To copy the certificate from a source to a destination, run the following command:
nbcldutil -copycert -sourcecert source_certificate_path_and_name[-destcert destination_certificate_path]
For example: nbcldutil -copycert -sourcecert /home/maintenance/ nutanixCert.pem -destcert /etc/ssl/certs
- Update the cert_authority_file parameter in the
nb_nutanix-ahv.conffile with the new path for the SSL certificate on the appliance.