Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites, notes, and restrictions
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Managing SSL certificates
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and restore
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
NetBackup terminology related to the AHV backup
The following table describes the NetBackup terminology that is related to the AHV backup.
The name of the Acropolis cluster. It is identified using the Application_Server parameter during backup selections.
You can obtain the Acropolis cluster name from the Prism web console using Settings > Cluster Details.
The type of application being backed up. It is identified using the Application_Type parameter during backup selections.
For Nutanix AHV, the value for the Application_Type parameter is Nutanix-AHV. This value is fixed and cannot be changed.
The backup host performs backups on behalf of the virtual machines. The operating system of the backup host must be Linux NetBackup client version 8.1 or later. It is identified using the Backup_Host parameter during backup selections.
Veritas recommends the following configuration as a backup host: