Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites, notes, and restrictions
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Managing SSL certificates
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and restore
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
NetBackup for AHV environment
Table: Components required for NetBackup for AHV describes the components that are required for NetBackup to back up and restore a Nutanix AHV virtual machine.
Table: Components required for NetBackup for AHV
Description and requirements
NetBackup master server
Runs the backup policies and starts backups and restores.
NetBackup media server or a backup host
Reads and writes backup data and manages NetBackup storage media.
If your backup host is not a NetBackup master, media, or appliance, install a NetBackup client on the backup host to process backup and restore requests.
Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor or Acropolis Hypervisor or AHV
Provides a virtualization platform within Nutanix's hyper converged infrastructure.
Nutanix Acropolis cluster
Provides a multi-node cluster configuration that manages storage, computing, and virtualization.
Nutanix Prism or Prism web console
Prism is an end-to-end management solution for the virtualized data center environments that streamlines and automates common workflows. It eliminates the need for multiple management solutions across data center operations.
For further details and explanation of the Nutanix terminology, refer to the Nutanix documentation.