Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites, notes, and restrictions
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Managing SSL certificates
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and restore
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
About the BigData policy type
Starting with the 8.1 release, NetBackup introduces a new policy type called. The policy lets you backup and restore big data applications and hyper-converged systems. For example, Hadoop and Nutanix AHV, respectively.
To back up and recover Nutanix AHV virtual machines, you need the Enterprise Client license.
To back up and recover a Hadoop file system, you need the Application and Database license pack.
Apolicy differs from other policies in the following respects:
You must specifyas the policy type.
The entries that are provided to add clients and to define backup selections, differ based on the application that you choose to back up.
During backup selection, you must specify certain parameters and their appropriate values.
To backup other hypervisors that run on a Nutanix Acropolis cluster, configure or use a relevant backup policy for that hypervisor. For example, to backup VMware ESX or a Hyper-V on a Nutanix Acropolis cluster, use or configure a VMware policy or a Hyper-V, respectively.