Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites, notes, and restrictions
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Managing SSL certificates
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and restore
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
Tasks to protect the AHV
This section provides an overview of the tasks which are required to complete an AHV virtual machine backup.
Install the NetBackup master server and media server.
Install a NetBackup client on the backup host.
You may skip this step if you have configured a NetBackup media server as a backup host.
Establish communication between the NetBackup and the Nutanix components.
To establish communication:
Validate SSL certificate from Nutanix.
Add the name of the backup host to relevant file system whitelists on the Prism web console and the NetBackup master server.
Add the Nutanix Acropolis cluster credentials to the NetBackup master server.
Read the prerequisites, notes, and restrictions on NetBackup for AHV.
See Creating a . policy using the NetBackup Policies utility
Test your configuration
To test your configuration:
Run a backup for the AHV.
Perform a restore.
Troubleshoot issues, if any.