Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Reporting Guide
- Reporting in OpsCenter
- About OpsCenter reports
- About managing reports in OpsCenter
- About managing My Reports
- About managing My Dashboard
- About managing reports folders in OpsCenter
- About managing report schedules in OpsCenter
- About managing time schedules in OpsCenter
- OpsCenter reports
- Report Templates in OpsCenter
- About Report Templates descriptions
- About Audit reports
- About Backup reports in OpsCenter
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Duration Variance report
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Job Size Variance report
- Job Browser > Tabular Backup Report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Week At A Glance report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Job Attempt Status Detail report
- About Catalog reports in OpsCenter
- About Chargeback reports in OpsCenter
- About Client reports in OpsCenter
- Risk Analysis > Client Coverage report
- Virtual Client Summary report
- Job Success by Client report
- BMR client configuration backup failures report
- About Cloud reports
- About Disk and Tape Device Activity reports in OpsCenter
- About Media reports in OpsCenter
- About Performance reports in OpsCenter
- About Policy reports in OpsCenter
- About Restore reports in OpsCenter
- About Storage Lifecycle Policy reports
- Limitations of SLP reports
- About Workload Analyzer reports in OpsCenter
- Custom reports in OpsCenter Analytics
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
- About Custom Report Wizard parameters
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
Job Activity > Job Duration
This report provides a summary of backup job durations across products, domains, clients, policies and business level views. It shows you the top ten clients ranked by the total amount of time consumed for the backup during last two weeks.
Figure: Job Duration Report shows a sample view of Job Duration Report.
In addition, you can view the report in tabular format.
Figure: Job Duration Report (Tabular) shows a sample view of Job Duration Report.
The following are the details that are associated with the Job Duration report:
Where to Locate
All Reports > Report Templates > Backup > Job Activity > Job Duration report.
Customizable report that shows top ten clients ranked by the total amount of time for the backup during the last two weeks.
NetBackup, NetBackup Master Appliance, Backup Exec, NetBackup PureDisk
Master Server, Client
Drill down report
Yes. You can view drill down reports for the selected parameter value. These reports are available for NetBackup and NetBackup appliance.
Example: For ranking type of report, you can view four levels of drill down reports: Level 1: Job Type, Level 2: Schedule/Level Type, Level 3: Policy Name
Can be scheduled
PDF, CSV, TSV, XML, HTML
Mapping with VBR report
All Reports > Standard Reports > Backup > Activity Planning > Job Duration
You can edit the Job Duration report to show or hide the columns that you are interested in. All the columns are shown by default. You can also filter the report to view reports of specific master servers. The following table shows the filters for Job Duration report and how you can use these filters to view specific data in the report.
Select a view to show data for the selected view in the report. By default All My Views is selected.
Select one or more master servers to view data for the virtual clients that are backed up by the selected master servers in the report. All master servers that are added to the OpsCenter console are shown in the Value drop-down list .
Select one or more media servers to view data for the selected media servers in the report. All media servers that are added to the OpsCenter console are shown in the Value dropdown list.
Select one or more clients to view data for the selected clients in the report. All clients that are protected by the master servers in the OpsCenter console are listed.
Select one or more client OS to view data for the selected client OS in the report.
Policy Data Classification Name
Select one or more policy names to view data for the selected policies.
Select one or more policy types to view data for the selected policy types.
Select one or more policy keyword to view data for the policies having the selected keyword.
Select one or more policy data classification names like Gold, Silver, Bronze etc. to view data for the policies having the selected data classiciation names.
Select one or more schedule or level types to view the data for the configured schedules.
Select one or more schedule names to view data for the selected schedule names.
Job Transport Type
Select one or more job types as Archive, Backup, or Restore to view data for the selected job types.
Select one or more backup products to view data for the selected products.
Select one or more transport types like FT, LAN, or Unknown to view data for the jobs that have the selected transport type.
Select one or more job status like Failed, Successful etc. to view data for the selected job status.
Example of filter usage: You may run the Job Duration report for specific policy data classification names to view details only for the specific policy classifications.
The following report enhancements have been made for the Job Duration report:
The unit Years has been added for Relative Timeframe selection.
You can now view data for the last x years.
The option Next has been removed from the drop-down menu for Relative Timeframe. You now cannot enter a relative timeframe like Next 2 weeks. This is because the report does not support any futuristic data.
The following filter enhancements have been made for the Job Duration report:
UNKNOWN has been added as a value for Policy Typecolumn in the Policy filter. You can now filter report data for policy types that are UNKNOWN. In earlier versions of OpsCenter the unknown policy types were shown as blank. Now all static columns like job type, schedule type, policy type, etc. are shown as UNKNOWN as in VBR.
Job Transport Type column has been added to the Job filter. For example, you can view report data for jobs for which the Job transport type is FT or LAN.