Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Reporting Guide
- Reporting in OpsCenter
- About OpsCenter reports
- About managing reports in OpsCenter
- About managing My Reports
- About managing My Dashboard
- About managing reports folders in OpsCenter
- About managing report schedules in OpsCenter
- About managing time schedules in OpsCenter
- OpsCenter reports
- Report Templates in OpsCenter
- About Report Templates descriptions
- About Audit reports
- About Backup reports in OpsCenter
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Duration Variance report
- Job Activity > Variance > Backup Job Size Variance report
- Job Browser > Tabular Backup Report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Week At A Glance report
- Status & Success Rate > Status > Job Attempt Status Detail report
- About Catalog reports in OpsCenter
- About Chargeback reports in OpsCenter
- About Client reports in OpsCenter
- Risk Analysis > Client Coverage report
- Virtual Client Summary report
- Job Success by Client report
- BMR client configuration backup failures report
- About Cloud reports
- About Disk and Tape Device Activity reports in OpsCenter
- About Media reports in OpsCenter
- About Performance reports in OpsCenter
- About Policy reports in OpsCenter
- About Restore reports in OpsCenter
- About Storage Lifecycle Policy reports
- Limitations of SLP reports
- About Workload Analyzer reports in OpsCenter
- Custom reports in OpsCenter Analytics
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
- About Custom Report Wizard parameters
- Creating a custom report in OpsCenter
Planning Activity > Stored Backup Images > Stored Backup Images > Stored Backup Images on Media
This report shows you the total amount of data in gigabytes that was backed up but has not expired yet for each of the days in the past two weeks. This report shows results only for NetBackup and NetBackup Appliances. The report can now also show trendlines with customized average periods.
Clicklink below the report to view tabular details.
You can also filter the report to show unexpired backed up data for a limited sample set, such as one or more policies, clients, views, or job status. You can use timeframe grouping filter. For example: If you want to view unexpired backup images for the period between 1st Jan 2010 to 1st Feb 2010, in groups each of one week, select 1 Week from the Group by drop-down list. On the report, you can see data in four stacked bars, one per week. Using the Report On parameter, you can select report grouping attribute from the drop-down list, which you want to view the report for. For example: Backup Job Attributes, Backup Image Attributes etc.
The following are details associated with the Stored Backup Images on Media report:
Stored Backup Images on Media
Where to Locate
Report > Report Templates > Backup > Planning Activity > Stored Backup Images on Media
Historical report of unexpired image sizes across products, domains, clients, policies, and business level views.
Backup Exec, NetBackup, NetBackup Master Appliance, NetBackup PureDisk
Drill down report
Can be scheduled
PDF, CSV, TSV, XML, HTML
Mapping with VBR report
Backups > Activity Planning > Scheduled Jobs > Stored Backup Images
Deviation from VBR
The data for this report from VBR and OpsCenter does not match as OpsCenter points to expiration time from Image_Copy table while VBR used expiration time from Image_fragment table. This change was introduced in OpsCenter 7.1 to correct the behavior of the report and also improve the performance.
Figure: Stored Backup Images on Media report shows a sample view of the Stored Backup Images on Media report.
The following table shows the filters for Stored Backup Image on Media report and how you can use these filters to view specific data in the report.
Select a view to show data for the selected view in the report. By default All My Views is selected.
Select one or more master servers to view data for the selected master servers in the report. All master servers that are added to the OpsCenter console are shown in the Value drop-down list .
Select one or more media servers to view data for the specific media servers in the report. All media servers that are attached to the master servers in the OpsCenter console are shown in the Value drop-down list ..
Select one or more clients to view data for the selected clients in the report. All clients that are protected by the master servers in the OpsCenter console are listed.
Select one or more client OS to view data for the selected client OS in the report.
Policy Data Classification Name
Select one or more policy data classification names like Gold, Silver, Bronze etc. to view data for the policies having the selected data classification names.
Select one or more policy keywords to view data for the policies having the selected keyword.
Select one or more policy names to view data for the selected policies.
Select one or more policy types to view data for the selected policy types.
Select one or more schedule types like Full, Incremental etc. to view data for the selected schedule types.
Select one or more schedule names to view data for the selected schedule names.
Job Transport Type
Select one or more Job Status like Failed, Missed, Partially Successful etc. to view data for the selected job status in the report.
Select one or more transport types like FT, LAN, or Unknown to view data for the jobs that have the selected transport type.
Select one or more job types like Archive, Backup, Restore etc. to view data for the selected job types.
Select one or more products like Backup Exec to view data for the selected products.
Example of filter usage: You may run the Stored Backup Images on Media report for a specific policy to view unexpired image sizes for the specific policy. Further if you are interested in knowing about the unexpired image sizes for specific products, you can use the Job filter and under Product Type column, select .
The following enhancements have been made in the Stored Backup Images on Media report:
The following report enhancements have been made:
The following filter enhancements are listed:
The Distribution view and Ranking view for this report is part of Valid Backup Images.