Veritas NetBackup™ Replication Director Solutions Guide
- Additional configuration topics
- Creating a NetBackup storage server for snapshot replication
- Configuring disk pools for snapshot and replication
- About disk pools for snapshots and snapshot replication
- Using bpstsinfo to view the replication topology of a device
- Configuring storage units and storage unit groups for snapshots and snapshot replication
- Configuring storage lifecycle policies for snapshots and snapshot replication
- Operation types in a storage lifecycle policy
- Snapshot operation in an SLP
- Index From Snapshot operation in an SLP
- Snapshot operation in an SLP
- Retention types for storage lifecycle policy operations
- Configuring backup policies for snapshots and snapshot replication
- About NDMP support for Replication Director
- Restoring from a snapshot
- About restores from array-based snapshots of virtual machines
- OpsCenter reporting
- Using NetApp disk arrays with Replication Director
- Supported NetApp topologies
- Using NetApp Data ONTAP 7-mode with Replication Director
- About using NetApp SAN-connected storage with Replication Director
- Using NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP with Replication Director
- Using Oracle with Replication Director
- Using Virtual Machines with Replication Director
Configuring a Standard or MS-Windows policy to protect clients using NDMP with Data Mover
The following procedure describes how to configure a Standard or MS-Windows backup policy to create Replication Director snapshots of NetBackup client data using NDMP with Data Mover.
This method requires that NetBackup mount each client to create the snapshot.
To create a Standard or MS-Windows policy to use NDMP with Data Mover
- Before NetBackup can perform NDMP with Data Mover backups:
Make sure that you've added the NDMP host credentials so NetBackup can access the NAS host.
Make sure that NDMP is enabled on the NetApp storage by using the appropriate command. Refer to either of the following topics for more information:
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, create a backup policy.
- Configure the options on the policy Attributes tab. The following items are specific to creating a policy for Replication Director:
Policy type: Select Standard for a policy containing UNIX clients. Select MS-Windows for a policy containing Windows clients.
Policy storage: Select the SLP that you want to use that has been configured for snapshot replication.
Use Replication Director: Enable Use Replication Director to automatically select other options that Replication Director requires.
Perform off-host backup: Enable, then select the following:
- Select the Schedules tab and configure the schedules as you would for any other policy.
- Select the Clients tab. Specify the clients to be backed up.
- Select the Backup Selections tab to specify the files and directories to be backed up on each client.
- When the policy configuration is complete, click OK.
- NetBackup checks the policy to ensure that it can run successfully. Select Complete to perform the most comprehensive policy validation.