Veritas NetBackup™ Replication Director Solutions Guide
- Additional configuration topics
- Creating a NetBackup storage server for snapshot replication
- Configuring disk pools for snapshot and replication
- About disk pools for snapshots and snapshot replication
- Using bpstsinfo to view the replication topology of a device
- Configuring storage units and storage unit groups for snapshots and snapshot replication
- Configuring storage lifecycle policies for snapshots and snapshot replication
- Operation types in a storage lifecycle policy
- Snapshot operation in an SLP
- Index From Snapshot operation in an SLP
- Snapshot operation in an SLP
- Retention types for storage lifecycle policy operations
- Configuring backup policies for snapshots and snapshot replication
- About NDMP support for Replication Director
- Restoring from a snapshot
- About restores from array-based snapshots of virtual machines
- OpsCenter reporting
- Using NetApp disk arrays with Replication Director
- Supported NetApp topologies
- Using NetApp Data ONTAP 7-mode with Replication Director
- About using NetApp SAN-connected storage with Replication Director
- Using NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP with Replication Director
- Using Oracle with Replication Director
- Using Virtual Machines with Replication Director
Creating storage unit groups for snapshots
To create a snapshot storage unit group
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management > Storage.
- Right-click Storage Unit Groups and select New Storage Unit Group.
- Enter a storage unit group name for the new storage unit group. The storage unit group name is case-sensitive.
- For the storage unit group to contain snapshots, select Snapshot in the drop-down menu.
- A storage unit group can contain only those storage units that share similar properties. NetBackup filters the storage units for selection so that dissimilar storage units are not combined in one storage unit group.
The properties of the underlying storage units are read-only. You cannot change the storage unit properties from this dialog box.
Select one or more properties to filter the storage units in the list. Only those storage units that have the selected properties are displayed. For example, select Replication source and Replication target to display only those storage units that are configured to act as both replication sources and replication targets.
Filter the storage units on the following properties:
Enable Primary to display the storage units that can contain the initial snapshot of primary data.
Enable Replication source to display the storage units that can serve as a source for a replicated snapshot.
Enable Replication target to display the storage units that can receive replicated snapshots from a replication source.
Optionally, enable Mirror to display the storage units that can serve as a mirrored replication target. (For example, NetApp SnapMirror.)
Optionally, enable Independent to display the storage units that can act as either a Mirror replication target (SnapMirror) or a non-mirror replication target (SnapVault).
Add or remove storage units from the group:
To add storage units to the group, select the storage units from the Available storage units list and click Add.
To remove storage units from the group, select the storage units from the Storage units to be used in the group list and click Remove.
To change the priority of a storage unit, select the storage unit and click Move Up or Move Down. The units at the top of the list have the highest priority in the group.
- Click OK to save and close the dialog box.