Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ DataStore SDK Programmer's Guide for XBSA 1.1.0
Last Published: 2021-01-01
Product(s): NetBackup (22.214.171.124, 9.0)
- Introduction to NetBackup XBSA
- How to set up the SDK
- Using the NetBackup XBSA interface
- NetBackup XBSA data structures
- NetBackup XBSA environment
- XBSA sessions and transactions
- Creating a NetBackup XBSA application
- Initiating a session
- Backup - creating an object
- Query - finding an object descriptor
- Restore - retrieving an object's data
- Delete - deleting an object or image
- Media IDs - obtaining media IDs
- How to build an XBSA application
- How to run a NetBackup XBSA application
- About How to run a NetBackup XBSA application
- API reference
- Function calls
- Function specifications
- Type definitions
- Process flow and troubleshooting
- How to use the sample files
- Support and updates
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
The backup stream diagram contains the processes involved in a backup being executed through a scheduled backup. bphdb is called to initiate the XBSA application, which then initiates one or more user-directed jobs.
If the backup is initiated from the XBSA application, it starts at that point. In the diagram below, the processes are divided among three logical machines, the Master Server, Media Server, and Client, but they can exist on only one or two machines.
See the backup process diagrams in the NetBackup Logging Reference Guide.