Veritas NetBackup™ DataStore SDK Programmer's Guide for XBSA 1.1.0
- Introduction to NetBackup XBSA
- How to set up the SDK
- Using the NetBackup XBSA interface
- NetBackup XBSA data structures
- NetBackup XBSA environment
- XBSA sessions and transactions
- Creating a NetBackup XBSA application
- Initiating a session
- Backup - creating an object
- Query - finding an object descriptor
- Restore - retrieving an object's data
- Delete - deleting an object or image
- Media IDs - obtaining media IDs
- How to build an XBSA application
- How to run a NetBackup XBSA application
- About How to run a NetBackup XBSA application
- API reference
- Function calls
- Function specifications
- Type definitions
- Process flow and troubleshooting
- How to use the sample files
- Support and updates
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
Installation instructions for UNIX platforms
To install the SDK on UNIX platforms
- Log on as the root user on the computer.
If you are already logged on, but are not the root user, execute the following command.
su - root
- Verify that a registered and valid license key resides on the master server.
To view or add license keys, perform one of the following:
Run the following command:
If you run the get_license_key command from the master server, it returns the correct information by default.
If you run the get_license_key command from the media server, specify the master server's host name as the computer you are querying. If you do not specify the master server's host name, the command returns licensing information about the media server.
Open the NetBackup Administration Console and choose Help > License Keys.
- Insert the NetBackup DataStore SDK CD-ROM into the drive.
- Change the working directory to the CD-ROM directory.
- Load and install the software by executing the install script.
A prompt appears asking if the package is correct.
The SDK files are extracted into the directory install_path/openv/netbackup/sdk.
The file version_dstore is extracted into the directory install_path/openv/share.