Veritas NetBackup™ LiveUpdate Guide
- About NetBackup LiveUpdate
- NetBackup LiveUpdate operational notes
- Setting up a LiveUpdate server
- Updating servers and clients
- About LiveUpdate logs
- Appendix A. Reference
Importing clients into LiveUpdate policies
You can import clients into a LiveUpdate policy by using one of the following methods:
Import clients from one or more NetBackup backup policies
Import clients from a text file
The following procedure describes how to import clients from one or more NetBackup backup policies.
To import clients from NetBackup backup policies
- In the Select policy to show clients pane, click the box next to the policy name that contains the clients that you want to import.
- In the Client Name pane, select the client names that you want to import.
- Click the > or the >> icon to move those client names to the Selected Clients pane.
- Click OK.
The following procedure describes how to import clients from a text file.
To import clients from a text file
- Create a new text file.
- Enter the required client information.
Each client entry must appear on its own line.
Each line must include the client hardware, the client operating system (OS), and the client name. A minimum single space (or tab) is required between each entry.
You can also redirect the output of bpplclients to a file that can be used to import clients. The command /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpplclients > clients.txt provides a client list in the correct format.
- After all clients are added, save and close the file.
- When you select to import clients from a text file, you are prompted to browse to the text file location to open it.
If any clients appear as Incomplete or Invalid, the entries for those clients are not correct. Those clients cannot be imported until the entries in the text file are corrected.