Veritas NetBackup™ LiveUpdate Guide
- About NetBackup LiveUpdate
- NetBackup LiveUpdate operational notes
- Setting up a LiveUpdate server
- Updating servers and clients
- About LiveUpdate logs
- Appendix A. Reference
Stopping NetBackup processes and services before upgrading locally
If you need to update a server or client locally, NetBackup services cannot be active.
Before you perform a local update, use the following procedure to stop all NetBackup client services:
To stop NetBackup client services before you install updates locally
- Make sure that there are no NetBackup jobs in process or queued to run on any NetBackup servers and clients.
- Deactivate all backup policies on all NetBackup master servers.
- Deactivate all storage lifecycle policies with the following commands:
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/ nbstlutil inactive -lifecycle policy_name
install_path\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\nbstlutil inactive -lifecycle policy name
- Deactivate all disk staging storage units.
- Deactivate all media servers.
- Log on as a database user on the NetBackup hosts that run third-party database software and shut down all database instances.
- Proceed with the upgrade.