Veritas NetBackup™ Administrator's Guide, Volume II
- NetBackup licensing models and usage reporting
- How capacity licensing works
- Creating and viewing the licensing report
- Reviewing a capacity licensing report
- Reconciling the capacity licensing report results
- Reviewing a traditional licensing report
- Reviewing an NEVC licensing report
- Additional configuration
- About dynamic host name and IP addressing
- About busy file processing on UNIX clients
- About the Shared Storage Option
- DELETE About configuring the Shared Storage Option in NetBackup
- Viewing SSO summary reports
- About the vm.conf configuration file
- Holds Management
- Menu user interfaces on UNIX
- About the tpconfig device configuration utility
- About the NetBackup Disk Configuration Utility
- Reference topics
- Host name rules
- About reading backup images with nbtar or tar32.exe
- Factors that affect backup time
- NetBackup notify scripts
- Media and device management best practices
- About TapeAlert
- About tape drive cleaning
- How NetBackup reserves drives
- About SCSI persistent reserve
- About the SPC-2 SCSI reserve process
- About checking for data loss
- About checking for tape and driver configuration errors
- How NetBackup selects media
- About selecting media in robots
- About selecting media in standalone drives
- About Tape I/O commands on UNIX
Troubleshooting failures for usage reporting and incremental reporting
nbdeployutil fails to gather data and generate the report for your environment. Refer to the logs to understand when the task failed and the reason for the failure.
nbdeployutil fails with a bpimagelist error with status 37 after you run the utility manually. Ensure that you added the master servers to the additional servers list.
See Requirements before gathering data for multiple master servers in capacity licensing.
For Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), protected data size may be reported more than once because the size is reported for the node where data backup happens.
If the backup operation is initiated from different nodes in the Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), the capacity licensing report displays a separate row for every node.
The following error displays because of internal web service communication failures:
Report for master server SERVER_NAME is generated using the backup image header method instead of accurate licensing method because of web service interruptions during the gather phase.
For VMware or NDMP, when the backup agent fails to post licensing information to the database, a status code 5930 or 26 displays in the Activity Monitor: For more information, see the NetBackup Status Codes Reference Guide.
Error may be observed in calculating the snapshot size in smart metering for Cloud workloads.
Errors can be encountered in calculating the snapshot size for cloud workloads due to which the NbDeployutil Capacity Report might report the total volume size as the snapshot size, instead of the actual used size. Refer to the log to identify the warning message.
This can happen due to the following reasons:
Insufficient permissions to obtain the snapshot size in case of AWS, Azure, or Azure Stack Hub plugins. Check if the following permissions are added in the plugin configurations:
For Azure and Azure Stack Hub:
Maximum requests limit is reached for the cloud API's that are used for calculating snapshot size.
Maximum retries exceeded for connecting with the network.
You can use netbackup_deployment_insights with the same troubleshooting points.