Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for Exchange
- Installing NetBackup for Exchange
- Snapshot Client configuration and licensing requirements for Exchange snapshot backups
- Configuring Exchange client host properties
- Configuring the account for NetBackup Exchange operations
- Configuring the Exchange hosts
- Configuring Exchange Granular Recovery
- About Exchange backups and Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- About installing and configuring Network File System (NFS) for Exchange Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring Exchange backup policies (non-VMware)
- About configuring a backup policy for Exchange Server
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for Exchange policy
- Adding backup selections to an Exchange policy
- About configuring snapshot backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring a snapshot policy for Exchange Server
- About configuring Instant Recovery backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring an Exchange snapshot policy with Instant Recovery
- Performing backups of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- Performing restores of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- About restoring Exchange snapshot backups
- About restoring individual Exchange mailbox and public folder items
- About redirecting a restore of Exchange mailbox or public folder objects to a different path
- Protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server, using Replication Director to manage snapshot replication
- Recovering an Exchange database to a repaired or an alternate Exchange server
- Troubleshooting backups and restores of Exchange Server
- About NetBackup for Exchange debug logging
- Viewing Event Viewer logs on an off-host Exchange server
- About NetBackup status reports
- Troubleshooting Exchange restore operations
- Troubleshooting DAG backups and restores
- Appendix A. NetBackup Legacy Network Service (Exchange 2010)
Performing a snapshot restore of an Exchange standalone server
To perform a snapshot restore of an Exchange standalone server
- Dismount all Exchange databases that you want to restore.
Or, when you perform the restore, click the Dismount database prior to restore option.
- Open the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
- Click File > Select Files and Folders to Restore > from Normal Backup.
- Select File > Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type.
- In the Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type dialog box, provide the following information:
The server that performed the restore.
For the policy type, select MS-Exchange-Server.
From the NetBackup History pane, click the backup image that contains the objects you want to restore as follows:
The last full backup or user-directed backup
The last full backup and all subsequent differential backups
The last full backup and the last cumulative backup
- The following figure shows a restore of Exchange 2010.
In the All Folders pane, select the objects you want to restore, as follows:
The Microsoft Information Store.
Click the checkbox next to the computer name or the Microsoft Information Store.
Expand the Microsoft Information Store node. Then select the database(s) and log files you want to restore.
- Click Actions > Restore.
- Click the Microsoft Exchange tab.
- Click Start Restore.