Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for Exchange
- Installing NetBackup for Exchange
- Snapshot Client configuration and licensing requirements for Exchange snapshot backups
- Configuring Exchange client host properties
- Configuring the account for NetBackup Exchange operations
- Configuring the Exchange hosts
- Configuring Exchange Granular Recovery
- About Exchange backups and Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- About installing and configuring Network File System (NFS) for Exchange Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring Exchange backup policies (non-VMware)
- About configuring a backup policy for Exchange Server
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for Exchange policy
- Adding backup selections to an Exchange policy
- About configuring snapshot backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring a snapshot policy for Exchange Server
- About configuring Instant Recovery backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring an Exchange snapshot policy with Instant Recovery
- Performing backups of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- Performing restores of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- About restoring Exchange snapshot backups
- About restoring individual Exchange mailbox and public folder items
- About redirecting a restore of Exchange mailbox or public folder objects to a different path
- Protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server, using Replication Director to manage snapshot replication
- Recovering an Exchange database to a repaired or an alternate Exchange server
- Troubleshooting backups and restores of Exchange Server
- About NetBackup for Exchange debug logging
- Viewing Event Viewer logs on an off-host Exchange server
- About NetBackup status reports
- Troubleshooting Exchange restore operations
- Troubleshooting DAG backups and restores
- Appendix A. NetBackup Legacy Network Service (Exchange 2010)
Creating a privileged NetBackup user account for EWS access
This procedure provides an example of how to create a privileged account for NetBackup Exchange operations for EWS access. This account is used for thein the Exchange client host properties, enabling NetBackup to perform operations with Granular Recovery Technology (GRT).
Note the following:
Configure each Exchange mailbox server.
Configure each client that performs granular operations. To determine which clients to configure, see the following topic:
In a cluster environment, perform the steps on each database node in the cluster. For an Exchange DAG, perform the steps on each database node in the DAG.
To create a privileged NetBackup user account for EWS access
- In the Exchange Management Console, create a new Exchange mailbox for NetBackup.
This process creates a new user that is automatically a domain user.
- Double-click on the user account you created.
- Select the Member Of tab.
- Click Add and add this user to the Organization Management group.
- Provide the credentials for this account in the Exchange client host properties.
Veritas recommends that you configure the Exchange credentials in the Exchange client host properties. However, existing NetBackup customers can continue to configure the logon account for the NetBackup Client Service.
- Configure this account with the right to "Replace a process level token."
If you configure the NetBackup Client Service with a logon account and configure the Exchange credentials in the Exchange client host properties, you must configure the "Replace a process level token" for both users.