Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for Exchange
- Installing NetBackup for Exchange
- Snapshot Client configuration and licensing requirements for Exchange snapshot backups
- Configuring Exchange client host properties
- Configuring the account for NetBackup Exchange operations
- Configuring the Exchange hosts
- Configuring Exchange Granular Recovery
- About Exchange backups and Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- About installing and configuring Network File System (NFS) for Exchange Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring Exchange backup policies (non-VMware)
- About configuring a backup policy for Exchange Server
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for Exchange policy
- Adding backup selections to an Exchange policy
- About configuring snapshot backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring a snapshot policy for Exchange Server
- About configuring Instant Recovery backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring an Exchange snapshot policy with Instant Recovery
- Performing backups of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- Performing restores of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- About restoring Exchange snapshot backups
- About restoring individual Exchange mailbox and public folder items
- About redirecting a restore of Exchange mailbox or public folder objects to a different path
- Protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server, using Replication Director to manage snapshot replication
- Recovering an Exchange database to a repaired or an alternate Exchange server
- Troubleshooting backups and restores of Exchange Server
- About NetBackup for Exchange debug logging
- Viewing Event Viewer logs on an off-host Exchange server
- About NetBackup status reports
- Troubleshooting Exchange restore operations
- Troubleshooting DAG backups and restores
- Appendix A. NetBackup Legacy Network Service (Exchange 2010)
Configuring an Exchange snapshot policy with Instant Recovery
This topic describes how to configure a snapshot policy with Instant Recovery. This topic only covers what is necessary to configure Instant Recovery snapshot backups of Exchange Server. Information on how to configure other policy information is described in other topics. (This information includes other policy attributes and how to create schedules, add clients, and add backup selections.)
Optionally you can perform an off-host Instant Recovery backup.
To configure a snapshot policy with Instant Recovery for Exchange Server
- Create a new policy.
- Click the Attributes tab.
- In the Policy type drop-down list, click MS-Exchange-Server.
- Select the Policy storage.
- Click Perform snapshot backups.
- Click Retain snapshots for Instant Recovery or SLP management.
NetBackup retains the snapshot on disk, so that Instant Recovery can be performed from the snapshot. A normal backup to storage is also performed when the backup schedule specifies Snapshot and copy to storage unit.
- In the Snapshot Client group, click Options.
- In the Snapshot Client Options dialog box, from the Snapshot method list click VSS.
- Adjust the configuration parameters.
- Optional: If you selected that you want to divide backups into multiple jobs and you selected Snapshot and copy to storage unit, click Allow multiple data streams.
- (Optional) To perform off-host Instant Recovery backups do the following:
Click Perform off-host backup.
In the Use box, select Alternate Client.
In the Machine box, type the name of the alternate client.
If you use the SFW VSS provider, review the additional installation requirements and configuration that exist.
Add other policy information as follows:
Add clients to the policy.
Add backup selections to the policy.
- After you add all the clients, schedules, and backup selections you need, click OK.