Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for Exchange
- Installing NetBackup for Exchange
- Snapshot Client configuration and licensing requirements for Exchange snapshot backups
- Configuring Exchange client host properties
- Configuring the account for NetBackup Exchange operations
- Configuring the Exchange hosts
- Configuring Exchange Granular Recovery
- About Exchange backups and Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- About installing and configuring Network File System (NFS) for Exchange Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring Exchange backup policies (non-VMware)
- About configuring a backup policy for Exchange Server
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for Exchange policy
- Adding backup selections to an Exchange policy
- About configuring snapshot backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring a snapshot policy for Exchange Server
- About configuring Instant Recovery backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring an Exchange snapshot policy with Instant Recovery
- Performing backups of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- Performing restores of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- About restoring Exchange snapshot backups
- About restoring individual Exchange mailbox and public folder items
- About redirecting a restore of Exchange mailbox or public folder objects to a different path
- Protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server, using Replication Director to manage snapshot replication
- Recovering an Exchange database to a repaired or an alternate Exchange server
- Troubleshooting backups and restores of Exchange Server
- About NetBackup for Exchange debug logging
- Viewing Event Viewer logs on an off-host Exchange server
- About NetBackup status reports
- Troubleshooting Exchange restore operations
- Troubleshooting DAG backups and restores
- Appendix A. NetBackup Legacy Network Service (Exchange 2010)
About configuring the account for NetBackup Exchange operations
NetBackup must have access to Exchange mailboxes and public folders so it can do the following:
NetBackup gains access to Exchange through the account for NetBackup Exchange operations, an Active Directory user account that is associated with a unique Exchange mailbox. This mailbox has sufficient roles or group memberships to perform backups and restores. Use the account for NetBackup Exchange operations for thein the Exchange client host properties.
Table: Steps to configure the account for NetBackup Exchange operations
Perform the following steps on the applicable Exchange granular clients.
In a cluster or replicated environment, perform the steps on each database node in the cluster.
To determine which clients to configure for GRT operations, refer to the following topics:
On the applicable Exchange granular clients, create an Exchange mailbox for NetBackup (or account for NetBackup Exchange operations).
Configure the account as follows:
Configure the account with the right to "Replace a process level token."
On the applicable Exchange granular clients, configure thewith the account you created previously.