Veritas NetBackup for Microsoft Azure Stack Administrator's Guide
- Installing and deploying Microsoft Azure Stack plug-in for NetBackup
- Configuring NetBackup and Microsoft Azure Stack
- Managing backup hosts
- Configuring the Microsoft Azure plug-in using the azurestack.conf configuration file
- Creating a file that contains Microsoft Azure Stack credentials
- Performing backups and restores of Microsoft Azure Stack
- About the restore scenarios for Microsoft Azure Stack VMs from the BAR interface
Using the BAR interface to restore an Microsoft Azure Stack VM at the same location
This topic describes how to use the NetBackup Admin console's BAR interface to restore Microsoft Azure Stack on the same Microsoft Azure Stack.
To use the NetBackup Admin console's BAR interface to perform a restore
- Open the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
- On the Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type wizard, enter the source and destination details for restore.
Specify the Microsoft Azure Application Endpoint as the source for which you want to perform the restore operation.
From the Source client for restores list, select the required Application server.
Specify the backup host as the destination client.
From the Destination client for restores list, select the required backup host. Restore is faster if the backup host is the media server that had backed up the VM.
On the Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type wizard, enter the policy type details for restore.
From the Policy type for restores list, choose BigData as the policy type for restore.
- Select the appropriate date range to restore the complete data set.
- In the Browse directory, specify the root directory ( "/") as the path to browse.
- From the File menu (Windows) or Actions menu (UNIX), choose Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type.
- Go to the Backup History and select the backup images that you want to restore.
- In the Directory Structure pane, expand the Directory.
All the subsequent files and folders under the directory are displayed in the Contents of Selected Directory pane.
- In the Contents of Selected Directory pane, select the check box for the Microsoft Azure VMs that you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
- In the Restore Marked Files dialog box, select the destination for restore as per your requirement.
Select Restore everything to its original location to restore your files to the same location where you performed your backup.
For more information about the restore scenarios, See About the restore scenarios for Microsoft Azure Stack VMs from the BAR interface.
- Click Start Restore.
- Verify that the VM gets restored and instantiated.