Veritas NetBackup for Microsoft Azure Stack Administrator's Guide
- Installing and deploying Microsoft Azure Stack plug-in for NetBackup
- Configuring NetBackup and Microsoft Azure Stack
- Managing backup hosts
- Configuring the Microsoft Azure plug-in using the azurestack.conf configuration file
- Creating a file that contains Microsoft Azure Stack credentials
- Performing backups and restores of Microsoft Azure Stack
- About the restore scenarios for Microsoft Azure Stack VMs from the BAR interface
Restoring Microsoft Azure Stack VMs
For restore only one backup host is used.
The following diagram provides an overview of the restore flow.
As illustrated in the diagram:
The restore job is triggered from the master server.
The backup host connects with the Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Endpoint (source client). Backup host is the destination client.
The actual data restore from the storage media starts.
Data blocks are sent to Microsoft Azure Stack to create a VHD. After the VHD is created, VM is created and instantiated.