NetBackup™ Release Notes
- About NetBackup 10.2
- New features, enhancements, and changes
- NetBackup 10.2 new features, changes, and enhancements
- Operational notes
- NetBackup installation and upgrade operational notes
- NetBackup administration and general operational notes
- NetBackup administration interface operational notes
- NetBackup Bare Metal Restore operational notes
- NetBackup Snapshot Manager (formerly NetBackup CloudPoint)
- NetBackup for NDMP operational notes
- NetBackup for OpenStack operational notes
- NetBackup internationalization and localization operational notes
- Appendix A. About SORT for NetBackup Users
- Appendix B. NetBackup installation requirements
- Appendix C. NetBackup compatibility requirements
- Appendix D. Other NetBackup documentation and related documents
Prerequisites for upgrading to NetBackup 10.2
Internal testing shows that the upgrade process may be faster than for previous releases. However, be prepared to allow for extra time for the database conversion during the upgrade process. Refer to the NetBackup Upgrade Guide for full details and time estimates for the database conversion.
As part of the upgrade to NetBackup 10.2, the following prerequisites exist:
Veritas strongly recommends that before you upgrade, you run the nbdb_admin -validate command and resolve any issues that are reported.
Veritas recommends that you run the database precheck tool to identify any potential data issues before you upgrade NetBackup. See https://sort.veritas.com/utility/nbdb-utf8-check for instructions about how to use the precheck tool.
For the best performance of the database precheck tool, install the EEB Hotfix for the nbdb_unload utility. See the following article:
Veritas recommends that you search for the
pgsql_utf8_error.txtfile after the successful upgrade of the active node of a clustered primary server. Notification of invalid UTF-8 characters is not displayed on clustered servers. Details on the location of this file are found in the Solution section of this technical article: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100055347
Veritas recommends that you defragment the NetBackup database before upgrade to improve the overall conversion experience. See the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I for additional information on theoption to defragment the database.
You must run a catalog backup within 24 hours of the upgrade.
Ensure that you have the free disk space that is twice the size of the NetBackup database.
Also refer to the Appendix NetBackup installation requirements in this guide.