Veritas NetBackup™ 52xx Appliance Initial Configuration Guide
- Preparing for initial configuration
- About NetBackup 52xx appliance roles
- About the NetBackup appliance initial configuration checklist
- Initial configuration procedures
- Performing the initial configuration on a NetBackup 5240 CloudCatalyst Appliance
- Post configuration procedures
Downloading NetBackup client packages to a client from a NetBackup appliance
You can download NetBackup client software from a NetBackup appliance to any client that you want to back up. The NetBackup Appliance Web Console logon page provides asection to download the client packages.
Starting with the 3.1.2 release, the Windows client add-on is no longer included with the NetBackup Appliance client add-on package. If you need to install or upgrade the Windows client add-on, log in to your Veritas Entitlement Management System (VEMS) account and download it.
The packages are listed by operating system type in a drop-down box as follows:
VMware vCenter Plug-in
If you download Linux, UNIX, Solaris, AIX, or BSD packages, Veritas recommends GNU tar version 1.16 or higher to extract the .tar packages.
For more information, see the following Technote on the Veritas Support website:
In addition to the downloading instructions, this procedure also includes the steps to extract and install the downloaded files on to the client.
To download NetBackup client packages from a NetBackup appliance to a client
- Log in to the client that you want to back up.
- Open a browser window and enter the appliance URL.
- In the middle of the landing page, in the section Download Packages, click on the drop-down box to see the list of packages.
- Right-click the selected package and specify the location to download it onto the client.
For example, on Linux or UNIX platforms, download the package to /tmp.
If the message No packages found appears after you make a selection, that client package is not currently installed on the appliance. This situation is most likely to occur if the appliance has been re-imaged from the USB flash drive. To download and install client packages on to the appliance, see the NetBackup Appliance Administrator's Guide. In the chapter "Managing a NetBackup Appliance from the NetBackup Appliance Web Console", refer to the topic "Uploading NetBackup appliance software release updates or client packages using a manual download method".
- Untar the package.
- Install the client software as follows:
On UNIX systems, run the .install script.
- After you have successfully installed the client software, add the appliance master server name to the client as follows:
After NetBackup has been installed on the client, open the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface:
Start > All Programs > Veritas NetBackup > Backup, Archive, and Restore
From the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface, select File > Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type...
From the Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type dialog, enter the server name in the field Server to use for backups and restores. Then click Edit Server List and click OK.
In the dialog box that appears, enter the fully qualified host name of the appliance master server and click OK.
Close the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
Restart the NetBackup Client Services by opening a Windows Command prompt. Then, enter services.msc and press Enter.
On the client, navigate to the following location:
Enter ls to see the contents of the directory.
bp.conffile in a text editor.
Enter the fully qualified host name of the appliance master server.
Save the changes and close the file.