Veritas NetBackup™ 52xx Appliance Initial Configuration Guide
- Preparing for initial configuration
- About NetBackup 52xx appliance roles
- About the NetBackup appliance initial configuration checklist
- Initial configuration procedures
- Performing the initial configuration on a NetBackup 5240 CloudCatalyst Appliance
- Post configuration procedures
Installing NetBackup client software through an NFS share
After all appliance configuration has been completed, you can open an NFS share to install NetBackup client software on the UNIX clients that you plan to use with your configured appliance.
Starting with the 3.1.2 release, the Windows client add-on is no longer included with the NetBackup Appliance client add-on package. If you need to install or upgrade the Windows client add-on, log in to your Veritas Entitlement Management System (VEMS) account and download it.
Before the installation, make sure that you have downloaded the NetBackup client software package to the appliance and verified that it exists in the following NFS share:<appliance-name>:/inst/client
To install NetBackup client software on a UNIX client through an NFS share
- Log on to the master appliance from the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu with your administrator credentials.
- Add the client host names to the additional servers list of the master server appliance using the following command:
Main > Settings > NetBackup AdditionalServers Add
- Open the NFS share using the following command:
Main > Settings > Share ClientInstall Open
- On the UNIX client host where you want to install the NetBackup client software, log on as root.
- Mount the following NFS share:
- On the client, browse the files within the NFS share directory. The following files or directories appear:
NetBackup_8.x_CLIENTS2 and/or NetBackup_8.x_CLIENTS1
- On the client, use a text editor to open the following file:
- Add one or more media servers from this NetBackup domain to the ADDITIONALSERVERS entry. Use only the host name to specify a media server. Use a comma-separated list if you want to add multiple media servers.
Media servers that are used for backing up the client hosts are preferred. If you do not know the media servers in this NetBackup domain, run the Main > Settings > NetBackup AdditionalServers Show|ShowAll commands on the master appliance. You can also check the media servers from the NetBackup Administration Console.
Save the file and exit the editor.
- Create the NetBackup answer file (
NBInstallAnswer.conf) in the client /tmp directory.
More information about the answer file and its contents is available in the NetBackup Installation Guide
NBInstallAnswer.confwith the following information:
Example (the fingerprint value is wrapped for readability):
Depending on the security configuration in your NetBackup environment, you may need to add the
AUTHORIZATION_TOKENoption to the answer file.
Additional information about the NetBackup answer file is available:
See the NetBackup Installation Guide
Additional information about the CA certificate fingerprint and the authorization token is available:
See the NetBackup Security and Encryption Guide
- Run the unix-client-install script.
This action installs the NetBackup client software.
- Check the following file on the client. Make sure that the
bp.conffile contains the media server names you added to the
defaults.txtfile in Step 8.
- On the appliance, close the shared directory using the following command:
Main > Settings > Share ClientInstall Close