Veritas NetBackup™ 52xx Appliance Initial Configuration Guide
- Preparing for initial configuration
- About NetBackup 52xx appliance roles
- About the NetBackup appliance initial configuration checklist
- Initial configuration procedures
- Performing the initial configuration on a NetBackup 5240 CloudCatalyst Appliance
- Post configuration procedures
About NetBackup 52xx appliance roles
When you configure an appliance for the first time, you must select a role for it. The role refers to the server type as follows:
Table: Appliance role and mode descriptions
Select this role to configure the appliance as a master server.
Select this role to configure the appliance as a media server.
You must also identify the master server that you plan to use with this appliance. The master server can be either a traditional NetBackup master server or a NetBackup appliance master server.
When you select the media server role, you must also define the storage names for the following disk volumes: