Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
Last Published: 2021-06-07
Product(s): NetBackup (9.1)
- Using logs
- Changing the logging levels
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced backup and restore features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- NetBackup secure communication logging
- NetBackup proxy helper logging
- NetBackup proxy tunnel logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- NetBackup Administration Console logging
- Using the Logging Assistant
About unified logging
Unified logging creates log file names and messages in a format that is standardized across Veritas products. Only the vxlogview command can assemble and display the log information correctly. Server processes and client processes use unified logging.
Log files for originator IDs are written to a subdirectory with the name specified in the log configuration file. All unified logs are written to subdirectories in the following directory:
You can access logging controls inhost properties. You can also manage unified logging with the following commands:
Modifies the unified logging configuration settings.
Manages the log files that the products that support unified logging generate.
Displays the logs that unified logging generates.