Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
Last Published: 2021-06-07
Product(s): NetBackup (9.1)
- Using logs
- Changing the logging levels
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced backup and restore features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- NetBackup secure communication logging
- NetBackup proxy helper logging
- NetBackup proxy tunnel logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- NetBackup Administration Console logging
- Using the Logging Assistant
Set the Media Manager debug logging to a higher level
Setting the debug logging to a higher level can aid in resolving many error conditions. Choose a debug level, then retry the operation and examine the debug logs.
To set debug logging for media manager to a higher level
- Enable legacy debug logging by creating the necessary directories and folders.
- Increase the level of verbosity for media and device management processes by adding the VERBOSE option in the
vm.conffile. This file is located in
/usr/openv/volmgr/(UNIX and Linux) or
- Restart the daemons and services or run the command verbose option, if available.