Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- NetBackup secure communication logging
- NetBackup proxy helper logging
- NetBackup proxy tunnel logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
Hot catalog restore
You can start a catalog restore with the NetBackup Catalog Recovery Wizard in the NetBackup Administration Console, or with the bprecover command. More information is available in the "Disaster Recovery" chapter of the NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide.
Before you run a hot catalog restore in a disaster recovery situation, the identity of the master server should be recovered either by the disaster recovery installation or the nbhostidentity -import -infile drpkg.path command. Once the identity is recovered, the hot catalog recovery can be completed as usual.
Figure: Catalog restore and recovery illustrates the catalog restore and recovery process.
A restore of the NetBackup database and relational database (NBDB) files from a hot catalog backup consists of the following steps (in the order presented):
The NetBackup catalog image and configuration files are restored.
The NBDB files are restored. The database files are restored to /usr/openv/db/staging (UNIX), or to install_path\NetBackupDB\staging (Windows).
After the files are restored to the staging directory, NBDB is recovered.
The NBDB files are moved from the staging directory to a location that is determined by the following: The bp.conf file VXDBMS_NB_DATA setting on UNIX and by the corresponding registry key on Windows. The default location is /usr/openv/db/data on UNIX, and install_path\NetBackupDB\data on Windows.
If the relational database files are relocated, they are moved from the staging directory to the /usr/openv/db/data/vxdbms.conf file (UNIX) or the install_path\NetBackupDB\data\vxdbms.conf file (Windows). For information on how to relocate the NetBackup relational database files after installation, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.