Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- NetBackup secure communication logging
- NetBackup proxy helper logging
- NetBackup proxy tunnel logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
Users need to know where the log and report information is on their systems.
Figure: Logs in the NetBackup Enterprise system shows the location of the log and report information on the client and the server and the processes that make the information available.
You can review a functional overview that describes the programs and daemons that are mentioned in this figure.
See the Reports information in the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
The log-entry format in the NetBackup logs is subject to change without notice.