Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
Last Published: 2018-09-19
Product(s): NetBackup (8.2, 8.1.2)
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- NetBackup secure communication logging
- NetBackup proxy helper logging
- NetBackup proxy tunnel logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
Setting Media Manager debug logging to a higher level
To solve many error conditions, set the debug logging to a higher level. Then retry the operation and examine the debug logs.
To set debug logging to a higher level
- Enable legacy debug logging by creating the necessary directories and folders.
- Increase the level of verbosity for media and device management processes by adding the VERBOSE option in the
vm.conffile. This file is located in
/usr/openv/volmgr/(UNIX and Linux) or
- Restart the daemons and services or run the command verbose option, if available.