Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Restoring the transaction logs
Perform this procedure if one of the following is true:
The archive logs did not originally reside on a raw device.
The user exit program was used to back up the archive logs.
To restore the transaction logs
- On the destination client, create a directory for the restored transaction log files.
Windows: mkdir C:\db\db2_v5\home\db2inst1\NODE0000\SQL00001\SQLOGDIR
UNIX: mkdir /db/db2_v5/home/db2inst1/NODE0000/SQL00001/SQLOGDIR
- Use the bprestore command to restore the logs.
Windows: bprestore install_path\db\db2_v5\home\db2inst1\ NODE0000\SQL00001\SQLOGDIR\S00001.LOG
UNIX: bprestore /db/db2_v5/home/db2inst1/NODE0000/SQL00001 /SQLOGDIR/S00001.LOG
- If the directory into which you restored the log files is not correct for the destination database, move the logs to the proper location.
- Verify that the correct owner and group permissions are enabled on the log directory.