Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2021-01-01
Product(s): NetBackup (18.104.22.168, 9.0)
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
NetBackup for DB2 overview
NetBackup for DB2 integrates the database backup and recovery capabilities of DB2 with the backup and the recovery management capabilities of NetBackup.
The server that hosts the DB2 database must be a NetBackup client.
On Windows, NetBackup for DB2 must be licensed on the server.
On UNIX, NetBackup for DB2 must be installed on the server.
Figure: NetBackup for DB2 components shows the hardware components and software components for a NetBackup for DB2 environment.