Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Configuring a policy to archive the archive logs
This topic describes how to create a policy to archive the NetBackup DB2 archive log entries in the ARCDIR directory. Follow these instructions if you want to use the user exit program with the ARCFUNC COPY command.
When NetBackup performs an archive, it deletes the online files after they are backed up successfully.
For more information on user archive schedules, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
You do not need to perform this procedure if you use the VENDOR method to back up your archive log files.
To configure a policy to back up the archive logs
- Log on to the master server as administrator (Windows) or root (UNIX).
- Start the NetBackup Administration Console .
- If your site has more than one master server, choose the one on which you want to add the policy.
- Create a new MS- Windows (Windows) or Standard (UNIX) policy type.
- Specify the attributes for the policy.
- On the Schedules tab, create a User Archive schedule.
This schedule must encompass all of the time periods during which DB2 can call the user exit program.
No backup selections list is necessary for this policy because it has a User Archive schedule. It is not an automatic schedule.
- Specify the clients to be backed up.
The clients must have the following installed:
NetBackup for DB2
If the client is installed in a DB2 cluster, add the virtual host name to the client list.
If you installed NetBackup on more than one node in the DB2 cluster, you must perform additional configuration. You must approve each valid Auto-Discovered Mapping that NetBackup discovers in your environment.
See Reviewing the auto-discovered mappings in Host Management.
Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
Configuring a policy to back up the archive logs
Configuring a policy to back up the configuration files
About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
DB2 objects in the backup window
Configuring the logon account for the NetBackup Client Service for NetBackup for DB2