Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Configuring NetBackup for DB2 in an EEE environment
The configuration process for NetBackup for DB2 in a DB2 EEE environment is the same as the configuration process in a DB2 non-EEE environment. However one exception for this configuration process is the procedure for adding a backup policy.
The instructions for setting this property for DB2 EEE are the same as those for DB2.
Add NetBackup policies for the DB2 EEE environment.
The instructions for adding policies to NetBackup are different for DB2 EEE.
Create DB2 scripts for the DB2 EEE environment.
The instructions for creating scripts for DB2 EEE are the same as those for DB2.
See Creating DB2 templates or scripts for a DB2 EEE environment.
The instructions for configuring the
db2.conffiles for DB2 EEE are the same as those for DB2.
Test NetBackup for DB2 EEE configuration settings.
The instructions for testing DB2 EEE configuration settings are the same as those for DB2.