Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2021-01-01
Product(s): NetBackup (184.108.40.206, 9.0)
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Minimizing the loading and unloading of tapes for database backups
You can minimize excessive unloading and reloading of tapes between multistreamed database backups by changing the media settings for the master or the media server.
See the NetBackup Administration Guide, Volume 1 for details.
To minimize loading and unloading of tapes
- Open the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Choose Host Properties.
- Choose Master Servers or Media Servers.
- Double-click on the name of the server.
- In the left pane, click Media.
Configure the following settings:
Media unmount delay
Media request delay
Use this variable only with non-robotic drives, such as tape stackers.