NetBackup™ Web UI Cloud Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- Managing cloud assets
- Configurations for a cloud provider
Protecting applications in-cloud with application consistent snapshots
You can take application consistent (point-in-time) snapshots of the applications that are deployed on virtual machines in cloud. This lets you perform a point-in-time recovery of applications.
You can perform original location and alternate location restores for these workloads.
For alternate location restore, consider the following:
For MongoDB and MS SQL workloads, the alternate location must be discovered but should not be connected or configured.
For Oracle workloads, the alternate location must be discovered and configured and not connected.
Ensure that the database is prepared for snapshots. For details review the plug-in configuration notes in the Veritas CloudPoint documentation.
To configure applications for point-in-time recovery
- Connect to the virtual machine that hosts the applications.
After the cloud assets are discovered, go the Virtual Machines tab.
Select the virtual machine where the application is hosted. On the top right, click Connect VM
Enter the credentials.
After the virtual machines are connected, the virtual machines state is updated to Configure.
For Microsoft SQL, you need perform this process manually. See, the Configuring the Windows-based on-host agent topic in the Veritas CloudPoint documentation. After the next discovery cycle, the status of the virtual machine is updated to Configure.
- Select the virtual machine where the application is hosted. On the top right, click Configure application.
- After the process is complete, the application status is updated to configured.
- The applications are displayed under the Applications tab after the next discovery.
- Apply the protection plan. See the NetBackup™ Web UI Backup Administrator's Guide.
To edit or update virtual machine credentials
- Go to the Virtual Machines tab.
- Select the virtual machines for which you want to update credentials. On the top right, click Edit credentials.
- Update the credentials and click Connect.
To edit or update application configuration
- Go to the Applications tab.
- Select the application for which you want to update. On the top right, click Edit configuration
- Update the credentials and click Configure.